Region and Entry APIs
This section describes classes for working with regions and region entries.
- RegionFactory class. Creates a
Regioninstance based on the provided configuration.
- IRegion class. Provides functions for managing regions and cached data. The
Regioninterface implements the generic .NET
IRegion, giving you access to the full range of .NET
Genericcollection functions. Use the functions in this class to perform the following actions:
- Retrieve information about the region, such as its parent region and region attribute objects.
- Invalidate or destroy the region.
- Add, update, invalidate, and remove region entries.
- Determine, individually or as entire sets, the region’s entry keys, entry values, and
- RegionEntry class. Contains the key and value for the entry, and provides all non-distributed entry operations. The operations of this object are not distributed and do not affect statistics.
- RegionShortcut class. Holds
enumdefinitions for the most common region configurations. Start your region configuration with a shortcut setting in the region attribute,
refid. Then customize further using the
- RegionAttributes class. Holds all attribute values for a region and provides functions for retrieving all attribute settings. This class can only be modified by the
AttributesFactoryclass before region creation, and the
AttributesMutatorclass after region creation.
- AttributesMutator class. Allows modification of an existing region’s attributes for application plug-ins and expiration actions. Each region has an